Thursday, April 02, 2009

Vacuumhead

Here's how my hair falls out: had it buzzed to about three-quarters of an inch, so it wouldn't fall out in longish pieces, and now my house looks like I've got a short-haired cat with a bad shedding problem (is that a contradiction?). Isabella was here and vacuumed my house, including pillows and couches I've been lying on, and finally I suggested that the best way to deal with the shedding would be to vacuum my head. Which she did. It felt much lighter and neater and skimpier afterward.

My eyebrows are still there, but the parts I usually have to tweeze are not returning. The rest of my body hair seems to be staying put, for now.

I am less nauseated this chemo cycle than the last one; my back pain has lessened (my brother would say it's because the weather is warmer), though the pressure is still there and makes me feel uncomfortable in just about any position. But I'm still cranky these days. And the steroids are making me thirsty!

Pollyanna moments:
  • Walked almost all the way to the grocery store and back, mostly pushing the wheelchair.
  • Having my mommy look after me.
  • Beautiful flowers in my living room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cynthia,
Have you checked facebook? I posted some old pictures of you. I want to see the coordinatrix on your blog!
I know she would put the boots or should I say heels to any problem pronto! kh