Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Uh...peaches? asparagus?...

Though there have been a variety of opinions over the years on what age a woman should stop taking birth control pills (notwithstanding a CBC Radio interview I heard today with a doctor who says nobody should be taking them at all), I figured nature had its own rule: I stopped taking them when my my eyesight was so bad I couldn't see the little letters on the package indicating the days of the week, and my memory was so bad I couldn't remember to take them anyway.

I recently concluded that I also had too few brain cells to ensure I bought healthy foods -- I had read that some fruits and vegetables tend (for various reasons) to carry more pesticides than others, and tried to commit to memory which ones were which, but damned if I could call to mind that list when I was in Loblaws.

But I found a handy wallet card at the Environmental Working Group website that will do the job for me.

Now I just have to create a filing system for my handy wallet cards. And make sure I have my reading glasses with me at Loblaws.

No comments: