Sunday, December 20, 2009

Some relief!

After the freezing from the nerve-root injection wore off on Wednesday night, my leg hurt as usual, but over the past three days the pain has diminished considerably. Yay! My leg still feels weak and I get tiny spasms all the time, something like restless-leg syndrome, so I still have difficulty falling asleep, but when I do I am able to sleep for six or seven hours with the help of codeine.

I went off the amitriptyline and the next day felt slightly more energetic and in a better mood, and my food tastes a little better, so I hope I can stay off that one. Still, when I go for a walk I'm moving at about half my usual pace, and I continue to have difficulty getting up the stairs.

Pollyanna moment:
  • Yesterday I found the energy to bake some Christmas cookies, so I didn't go to my brother's early-Christmas dinner empty-handed.
  • I still can't lie still for long periods of time, but I can get a little reading done here and there.

1 comment:

dixyan said...

hurrah for small miracles of the season!