Monday, September 14, 2009

Walking for Terry, June and me

Yesterday the Terry Fox Walk /Run took place, and I participated down in the Beaches, along Ashbridge's Bay. I accompanied my neighbour Daryl and his family and some friends and neighbours to honour his wife, June, who died of lung cancer last year, and had walked in every Terry Fox walk but one since its inception. And to honour me, several members of my family came along: Mom, brothers, sisters-in-law and my niece and three nephews.

The night before, my shoulder blade started acting up again, for the first time in six weeks or so, and I slept only about two hours after taking codeine. So I was pretty dopey for the walk, but I managed the 5K I'd planned on, and raised more than $1,700. Here's me at the finish line:


Pollyanna moments:
  • We had a nice lunch at my place after the walk and my family brought me a chocolate cake.
  • My littlest nephew found a dollar in the sand and put it in a donation box.
  • The weather's been lovely.

No comments: